Friday, October 2, 2009

Little Things

Don't you get as ticked off by little things as much as the big ones? Seems like those minor annoyances ratchet up our boiling point way too much. Why is that? My wife says that I'm calm in a crisis. It doesn't seem that way to me. It may be that a crisis is over and that's that, but the little things keep popping up. Keep jabbing at you like that little gnat you can't kill. For example, I get irritated at those who use a cell phone while driving. And it keeps happening over and over. Can't those people wait until they are stopped and not tearing down the street in a 3000-pound lethal weapon? Or those who enter a store and let the door close behind them right on the next person who is entering. I know it may not be PC to hold a door for a woman who is offended at male deference (and who can identify that one?), but to let it slam in someone's face seems impolite. Impoliteness is rampant today. Kids are impolite and their parents if you see them are also, so it's not the kids fault if they've never been taught. Thankfully my parents did teach me respect. After all, isn't that what it comes down to? Respect for each other.
So if you see me at the store and I hold the door open for you, you don't have to thank me. I don't expect that. But please don't give me the evil eye. You may wind up as a character in my books and his or her fate may be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment