Saturday, October 10, 2009

Too Many Activities

Had a query by a friend. How do you keep everything straight? You know what? I don't know. I guess if you are passionate about something you keep it in the front of your brain. I seem to be passionate about many things. Church; over twenty yahoo groups; volunteering (see previous post); three novels in progress; promoting my work; talks at various service organizations, libraries, book signings; teaching writing on the Internet; and now as an agent for an author client. Even for me it sounds like a lot. But, isn't the old saying, "If you want something done, give it to a busy person." still applicable? I've always been busy. An unfortunate part of that 'busy' is that I have little time to read for entertainment. I forced myself to join a book club to get in some reading time. (Uh, I know - another activity) But it is a help to my writing as well, so I consider it a part of my work effort.
I feel I function better as a busy person. Keeps the body and mind healthy. I guess I'll continue as long as God allows me.
Hope you have enough activities and not too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment