Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lesson Plans

I'm putting together a lesson plan for a workshop I'm conducting next spring for a chapter of Romance Writers of America. I didn't realize how tough that is. Now I know what teachers go through every day. Whatever we pay them it's not enough. Teachers must deal with not only the screwy paperwork stuff but the undisciplined youth of America.
Pardon me but it seems that there are more unruly thugs in schools nowadays and the parents of these creeps are clueless. I just saw the video of a young man in Chicago being beaten to death by gang members. For once the White House got it right. It was chilling. There were 34 deaths and 290 shootings in Chicago during the 2008-09 school year. Just in Chicago! This is worse than the war zone. That number has escalated each year.
I fear for this country if we continue to let this go unchecked. I'm for strict punishment of trouble makers. I'm talking criminal charges. I thought there were supposed to be guards in place. Where were they?
It just begs for an investigation and some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment