Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Interview With Ferlin

I've created an interview with the "bad guy" from my first novel, Shepherd's Pie. PI Mike Shepherd has a nemesis who is as nasty as he is diabolical. This is what he has to say.

Daddy loved country music. Probably why he tagged me with the name Ferlin Husky to go with the last name, Lewis. Never thought too much about it, though. I was a tough kid. Always won my fights despite being shorter than most of the kids in my grade. That’s cause Daddy taught me how to fight. Kneein’ and scratchin’ is allowed. Also ’cause I had two of the meanest brothers you’d never want to meet. Just to get a meal, I had to out-grab at least one of those two, an’ they had me by at least twenty pounds apiece.
After me, I guess the second-toughest fellow I ever met was Mike Shepherd, the PI who nailed me for a seven-year stretch in the federal pen. Then that SOB had the nerve to come after me again once I got out. I warned him to stay away. Even grabbed that pretty little gal of his, but he wouldn’t stop. And when I began gittin’ rid of his neighbors it sort of ticked him off. I got to admit it; he’s one tough bird. I outsmarted him so far, though, and I can keep up the pressure as long as he wants. I’m not goin’ back to prison. No way.
One thing in his favor, that favorite restaurant of his sure does serve up some great grub. I snuck in and sat right close to him and ate dinner. He had no clue. My disguises are really good. I’m a trained survivalist you know. Got my secret hideout and lots of weapons. He comes my way you can slap a tombstone on his grave.
And I made the Ten Most Wanted from the Feds, thanks to him. I’m kind of famous. Well, even so, I got one thing to say. Just nobody get in my way. Nobody.
Catch up with Mike Shepherd as he and Ferlin chase each other around Chicago and the suburbs in Shepherd's Pie . And check out the recipes from Mike’s favorite place to eat – Rosie’s Home Cookin’ Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment