Sunday, September 27, 2009

One giant leap for Dave

Why did I pick Mikey Spillane? First of all because I'm a big fan of his books. Second that's what a well known mystery writer called me in his review of my first book, Shepherd's Pie. I write mysteries with Mike Shepherd a laid back PI who isn't perfect. He has a sometime fiance who hates his job. Thinks he's wasting his brain and potential on a sleazy profession. So they often have conflict but down deep really love each other. Although that word is hard for Mike to allow to leave his lips.
I've been writing for seven years now and I guess it's just time to get on the bandwagon with a blog. So please check back and leave a comment. Like it or not. As a writer I'm used to rejection. I just love the arrows from whoever. I realize it should be whomever but I have never been one who is totally resigned to perfect English. Oh slap me silly. An author who thinks that way. Shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment