Monday, September 28, 2009

Getting started

The count is now two for blog posts. It's a bit scary to take on a blog. What if I don't have anything to say? What if I have a lot to say and nobody cares? Well, that doesn't bother me. And I've never been at a loss for words. Once I found out if high school that I could make people laugh, I never stopped trying. Always searched for jokes and sayings to relate and watch for reactions.
Everyone blogs these days. Just saw the movie Julie and Julia. It's all about blogging and of course cooking. A good movie and Meryl Streep is an awesome actress. The author of the book had a neat idea that blossomed into a mega hit. If only. I can't cook and don't really know if I can be that dedicated to a task. Now on writing a book, yes I can do that. I can commit to that. Of course I have the time now. I hesitate in my answer when someone asks what I do. I am "officially" retired but I am an author. So that's what I say. I'm on my fifth career and finally got to the one I've longed for. Only took 65 years. So anyone out there who is lamenting (a substitute word for griping) about a job, just wait it can happen. Try to make what you do fun. I know, hard to do in these troubled times. I think the man upstairs really wants us to have fun. Even in church. And I'm glad my church allows that to happen. Doesn't God have a sense of humor? Look at Congress. Don't know who said that but it's true. Probably Mark Twain. Well, I ramble. Story of my life. Come to think of it, we used to have a Rambler. A Nash Rambler. Boy does that take me back.
Check in tomorrow when I may have something important to say. Or maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea, to have a blog, that is. It is kind of an extension of Facebook. You talk to no one in particular without having to say anything that would resemble a conversation to anyone in particular. And you don't even mind if they don't respond because they may not even know what you were talking about in the first place, and for that matter don't care!
    So does this mean that rambling runs in the family? Hmmmm, something else to ramble about next time!
    P.S. You don't have to approve of this message if you don't want to, it will self destruct in 5 seconds! And I don't remember the Nash Rambler, unless you mean the little bitty blue and white one that some distant Aunt had that I would have loved to have been able to take a ride in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sis. The Nash was pre-Carolyn. And yes rambling does run in the family. The one the aunt had was a Metropolitan. I can't believe I remember that.

    ReplyDelete